seven // Saturday, April 16
|
9:24 AM |
I remember when I first saw you. It was raining. I was sitting in a cozy, little and warm coffee shop while looking outside through a big window. That's when I saw you. You were wearing all black outfit and holding a black umbrella. You were walking fast; as if you were running from something. It all lasted for seven seconds. But I know that I hope I can meet you again. Seven days later, I was walking down the street near an Italian restaurant when I saw you came out from it. You were different. Unlike seven days ago, you looked carefree, happy and smiling with your friends. That was the first time I saw you smile. I can still hear your melodious laugh ringing through the air and the wide smile that you showed to everyone. It was the most beautiful seven seconds in my life. Seventeen hours later, I found myself in a bookshop. I was looking for a poems book. When I was taking my sweet time, strolling down the aisle while observing the morning routine of people through the window, I saw you. You were wearing uniform and rearranging the books in the literature section. Slowly, I walked towards you. I was pretending looking for something. "Do you need help with anything, Miss?" It was the first seven words you ever said and the first time I ever heard your voice. I can still remember it until now. Seven months later, I found myself sitting at the same cafe, drinking the same latte from the same cup. The only things that changed was I am not alone. You were sitting in front of me; reading a book about Federico Garcia Lorca. We have been together for seventeen weeks. It was the most wonderful seventeen weeks of my life. Seventy seven weeks later, you said the magical words. I always wonder how words can hurt someone more than actions do. You said the words and everything that we shared for seventy seven weeks were closed and never been spoken again. When I asked you if I am the reason this happened. You said, "It is not you. It is me." Seven words that made me felt worst than ever. It was worse than, "Yes, it is your fault.", because at least I know it is my fault. Seventeen days later, I found out that you were already seven thousand miles away from me. Disclaimer: This story is purely fiction and it is just an imagination of mine. |

Older entries